Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Whew! It's over now.

Louis George Price, seven pounds, three ounces, twenty inches. These kids keep getting smaller on us! Contractions got quite painful despite the epidural. My nurse, Ann, suggested it was because I was sitting up so the medication went down to my legs instead of up. This seemed borne out later when it took my legs so long to get feeling back.
Once I was complete, though, the pushes really helped to distract from the contractions. Both of them.

Anyway, we're home now. Dinners are being supplied by friends from our homeschool group for two more nights... theoretically. The ample amounts being brought mean more than that in leftovers. (I thought I had it good last year.) I got a little overwhelmed at dinner tonight, just with the emotion of it all. Let's not attribute the good feelings to hormones, okay?
There we were, all six of us. I'm home a day earlier than originally expected, sitting around a table with the five other people who mean the world to me. We were eating a dinner I didn't have to cook (or really clean up after--thank you!), all healthy and happy and in a warm house with more to eat in the fridge and preparation for Christmas well on its way. The other three kids could barely stay at the table their fascination with their little brother was so strong.

I've told the kids there's too much love in our house for monsters to reassure them. How could I have known that when I don't even believe in monsters?

11 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

Should we bring them every other night? I think there may be 3 more! LOL

Just let us know. :-)

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Wow! After two c-sections, I can't even fathom this. You really are built for childbirth! So glad everyone is well and you guys are taken care of. I've always said that if you're going to see a new baby, have food with you or be prepared to clean something! (the latter in the case of close family of course.)

And the best news of all, with being a new nursing mother, you can eat everything in sight without apologies during Christmas! Mine have been summer babies so far, so I haven't had that luxury. :)

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger HISchild said...

So glad you are home!

Now you can settle into a happy, healthy routine of nursing and napping! HA!

Let us know if we can help.

Ellen

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

Congratulations. So glad to hear everything is well with you. A very merry Christmas to the Price family.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Congratulations and God bless you all! Merry Christmas!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Hooray and congratulations!!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Congrats again, Heather. That is awesome.

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you all and Merry Christmas!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Congratulations and have a very, Merry Christmas!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many congratulations...enjoy!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Kasia said...

Don't remember if I said congrats, so congrats!!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home