Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Why did I major in this again?

New embarrassment for Francophiles. My dad thought unions had outlived their usefulness, and he's been gone for almost 15 years.
I'll admit, though, that one of the reasons I don't like to shop at Wal-Mart is their predatory prices, but you know, sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Still, it reminds me of the classified ad: "French rifle for sale. Never fired, dropped once." Maybe they're really just jealous of American ingenuity.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Shoot, at least you can claim to be Irish. My heritage is half French Canadian. Talk about ugh. And I married German, which recently hasn't been much better.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Heather said...

You don't CHOOSE your heritage, though. You do your major. I've got French a couple generations back, sort of. It's Alsace-Lorraine but they emigrated when it was part of Germany.

It's just the Irish and Scottish show.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Zach said...

It's Alsace-Lorraine but they emigrated when it was part of Germany.

Some of my ancestors came through there too on the way to America. But they were German speakers.

It's just the Irish and Scottish show.

Ya think? :)

Actually, my sympathies are with the French here. Seems like a simple case of trustbusting to me.

(Yeah, my inner ChesterBelloc/distributist is showing ...)


peace,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home