Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My mother...again

I've described my mother as "an intelligent person with a mind uncorrupted by higher education." Meaning, she hasn't been educated out of her common sense. When I told her about spaghetti-strap (here's another) or strapless First Communion gowns, she made a familiar face.
"I'd rather she wore a dish towel."

And you thought his Hallowe'en posts were bad. Okay, they're worse, but you get the gist.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Kasia said...

Eeuw. The second one not only has the spaghetti straps, it also has the lace-up bodice that looks downright tarty on anything but a Renaissance gown.

I thought it was bad that wedding dresses are almost all like that. They've dug into the First Communion market?!?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

"A mind uncorrupted by higher education" -- I love that phrase. It sounds exactly like my mother-in-law, who is sort of the Albert Einstein of common sense. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home