Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

I think prayers of gratitude?

I just got a phone call that has inspired me to ask for prayers of thanks. Privacy and anonymity were required and details are still being worked out, I think. More by Saturday, I'm told.
I'm reminded that you never know who is watching or reading--in the most benevolent sense.

I'm feeling quite literally touched by grace right now. The verses that are coming to mind are Matthew 6:2-4. "Thus, when you give alms, sound no trumpet before, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your alms may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

And a blessed Triduum to you, as well.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

hmmmm...very interesting. :-)

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Banshee said...

Yay, yay, yay!!!!

Smack your husband's black dog in the nose while you're at it, and tell it it's a bad black dog. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home