Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Why are YOU homeschooling?

As promised, some answers in varying degrees of politeness.

1. I know I would drive a teacher crazy asking about tests, reviews, when things are due, how my child is doing, what we can work on at home to help, so I just decided to skip the middleman.

2. To minimize their exposure to the likes of YOU.

3. I'm too lazy to get my child(ren) out the door by what time, 8:15? every morning.

4. To allow my child to progress at his or her own pace. For example, my child is a grade ahead in [insert subject here]...

5. We never have snow days.

6. We're in the "gray area" for Detroit Country Day--my spouse makes too much to qualify for financial aid, but not enough to afford it without.

7. We couldn't afford Catholic school.

8. I think my child should learn in a real life situation instead of in an artificial construct like school.

Suggestions?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I forgot:
"I'm a control freak." while picking at the (imaginary) lint on the shoulder of the questioner, or tucking their collar tags back in, or something of that nature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home