Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

To keep everyone current...

I report to the hospital at 10:30 AM tomorrow. I'm not supposed to have anything after midnight; no big surprise, but since I don't have to be up early, I'll be having my last late-night snack around 11:30 tonight.
I don't know if this is a secret, but we're thinking of names for this one. I'm thinking Erin/Aaron or something like it. I don't usually like androgynous names but there's no way to tell which we lost.
I have no idea what to expect. Hormonally, physically, emotionally. I expect the recommendation is to wait at least one cycle before trying to conceive again; we'll see how it goes.
Ever optimists, the kids are already praying for the next one.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if it will help, but here is what my sister kind of went through...

She miscarried at 14 weeks after an abnormal early ultrasound. A subsequent ultrasound revealed severe birth defects, and once a heart rate could not be found, they did the D&C. She couldn't do anything strenuous for two weeks. They named their baby Christian, and she said it helped to have a name that she could give to the baby. They waited a while to try again, about two months. During that time, both she and her husband went through what they characterize as "a funk." Both of them said that conceiving their third child after losing their second helped them work through their depression, even though they knew it would never replace the one they lost.

Like I said, I don't know if it will help, but there it is.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Daisy--
That does help. Both practically and emotionally.

Thank you.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi guys... I just wanted to tell you that I am SO sorry for your loss, and I am remembering you in prayer. We just lost a baby girl at 36 weeks this summer, and I am asking her to intercede for you, too. May God grant you peace and strength to carry this cross. With our love...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home