Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Experiments...

This next week in science we're studying health. What do we need to be healthy? Good food, exercise, enough rest, personal hygiene. The plans say to use seed beans to show how things grow with what they need; I don't think my kids have the patience for it. Combine that with trying to explain photosynthesis (yes, kids, the plants make their own food, they don't need to eat) and we have a flop.
My kids are little. I was thinking we could experiment with food and the digestive tract. With the four of us (Dad would be exempt), we could see whose processes food the fastest. I'm thinking blueberries as opposed to beets for obviousness upon-- ahem-- conclusion, as the troops all love blueberries and they change color of one's product.
Or would corn be better? Suggestions?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

Corn may be more noticable as you would probably have to eat a lot of fruit to get the poo to actually change noticably HOWEVER Grape Koolaid can cause green poop.

http://www.poopreport.com/Intellectual/Content/Dye/dye.html

That is the extent of my poo knowledge. :-)

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Why am I not surprised that you have the first comment? And so soon? :)

Yeah, I remember the grape Gatorade doing the same thing when the kids were sick last spring. Hmm...

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

hmmm...maybe because I'm a boy mom and have heard this sort of thing more than once? Just a guess. LOL

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize this is a little late but Go-Gurts also changes to poo to neon green.

JaneC

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Heather said...

No, Jane, it's perfect. School kind of went on the back burner this week, so your tidbit is quite timely.
Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home