Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Guarded-good news.

Well, we didn't get an image of a baby. The tech saw a yolk sac though, which is new from a week ago. It also translates that medical science says the baby is five weeks, five days, instead of two weeks older like our calculations. The tech wasn't very concerned about the lack of baby-image ("I think that might be it, but it's still so early"), but for not-quite-six weeks, everything looks great.
Doc is supposed to call this weekend (they have a pile of stuff she needs to review, and we're in it) with the answers to "Where do we go from here?"

You know, I'll take 5.5 baby versus 7.5 "blighted ovum" necessitating a D&C. And prayers are still in order. We haven't quit.

Hey, Milehimama, now that the news is out, could you tell me where you got that pregnancy ticker?

9 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Good to know things are looking up!
The ticker is at http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/

They had a couple to choose from - anatomically correct, fun facts, humorous...

:)

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Zach said...

Hi Heather,

The ticker I've seen used is http://lilypie.com/.

(Yeah, I'm a guy, but I'm also a computer/web geek, so I notice these things. :) )


peace,

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Fingers crossed.

There's also a ticker used by sciencewoman.blogspot.com that's kind of cute.

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was there any indication that the medical-determined age of the baby accounts for the lower-than-expected hormone levels?

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Doc didn't mention a link between hormone levels and maturity, but it *does* seem to make sense, doesn't it? Hey, Diane, you're the biology person. Does that follow?

She did emphasize the yolk sac and uptick in hormones as good things, even though they didn't double.

And I get to go in again on Thursday for another scan. Some good news: since I'm 35, this is technically a high-risk pregnancy, so I'll get a 4-D scan later on! Woo hoo! We've wanted to contrive a reason for one before, but age works.

Thanks for the ticker references. I'm going to check them out and optimistically, put one up next Thursday.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Rich Leonardi said...

Heather,

My wife and I have run this gauntlet several times. I'm glad to learn you've received some encouraging news.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,

You might want to start a novena to St. Girard. I'll be starting one tomorrow I hope for you guys and for a family that I know that just found out within 2 weeks that the wife is both pregnant and has breast cancer. Might have to include St. Jude on that one too.

Best wishes for everything!

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem. That would be St. Gerard. You would think that a girl with a Grandfather, Father, and Brother named after him, I'd spell it right. Novena started!

Daisy

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

Your family is in our prayers and, just for good measure, also in our Adoration prayer book. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home