Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Friday, January 12, 2007

2007 is off to a flying stop.

We found out two days before Christmas that Madeleine had gotten her way. I've been ready since August; Dale had reservations. I admit I hadn't made it easy for him, but tried to respect his wishes as head of the household. But we accepted God's will joyously and started talking names, due date, maternity clothes... After two September babies, I'd be set...
Then, the day after Christmas, maybe the 27th, I started spotting. It's been intermittent but yesterday it turned red. At the ER, they did a blood draw (good), cervix is still closed (good), but the ultrasound was inconclusive.
At my OB today, she told me it's probably a "blighted ovum," which means a miscarriage, but it's really too soon to be sure. I go tomorrow for another blood draw to check hormone levels. If they're good, I'll have another ultrasound Thursday to see if the week made anybody easier to see. If they're not...
As I'd had a little spotting with Madeleine, I wasn't worried until it turned red. Will try to keep you posted.

Prayers gratefully accepted.

UPDATE 1/13/07: My OB called with the blood test results this afternoon. The hormone levels were up, but not nearly as up as they should be. We'll confirm the diagnosis on Thursday via ultrasound, then we'll have a week for things to happen naturally.
I'm feeling... disconnected right now. Thanks, all, for the prayers.

4 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Prayers coming. LOTS of them. Let's see, who can I get on board here? Blessed Mother, St. Gerard, St. Anne, St. Gianna, Mother Seton, and St. Anthony for good measure because my family has a big devotion to him.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

I'm so sorry Heather.

I'm praying for God's will and his healing for your hearts during this terrible beginning of the year for your family.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

PRAYERS coming from us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, my friends, like you, practice NFP. The wife had her hormone levels checked early in her pregnancy and they too were not up as high as they should have been. They weren't high yet because of NFP she knew very early that she was pregnant. Matt thinks she was at a similar point in her pregnancy as you are. She ended up having a healthy baby.

We are praying for you. Just the other day the kids prayed for, "Madeleine's mommy's new baby". Matt and I will also include the two of you and the rest of the family.

God's blessing be with you,
Heather, Matt, Peter, Evelyn, Mya, and Lily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home