Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Madeleine, my little helper

She consciously wants to help me. I don't know how much of what she does and says is normal and how much is more than average. When I call her our "reassurance baby," I'm not exaggerating. I really think we're doing something right with that one and I hope the others follow her example.
Now that you are apprised of that, here's the story. She has taken it upon herself to lay out my pajamas on our bed. It's supposed to be a surprise, but when she does it before lunch I find it sooner than she likes. Ah well; we're trying to coax her out of that disappointment.
There's a little pair of problems with this arrangement, though. Can anyone see the potential here? Bueller?
One of the problems is that Sleeping Beauty, the two DVD set, is hiding in the bottom of my underwear drawer until Christmas. How would I explain that? Though I do think it would involve less therapy than the following.
The other is a more... adult problem. How to explain? She has noticed that I wear underwear under my pajamas, and she knows where those are, so when she does her thing she gets out panties for me as well. Um... not all of my undergarments are Hanes Her Way. (We aren't talking really weird; more Victoria's Secret. And no, I'm not providing a link.) Invariably she pulls out ones she thinks are pretty because they have lace or are nice colors. She says we should wait until we're in a bigger house for another one, but she has no idea how tough she's making it for her father.
No, I'm not looking for tips on how to keep Madeleine out of my underwear drawer. I'm just sharing a story to make others laugh.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't the first pajama story you've told. Didn't she get very sad when her yellow pajamas were too small and had to be hand me downs?

I'm willing to bet that if you bought her some pretty pajamas for Christmas she would be the happiest little girl in town! She really likes bedtime and pajamas. I can tell you make that time of day extra special. :-)

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Your real problem will be when she asks for a pair "just like Mommy's" LOL

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trying to work up some sympathy for poor Dale's predicament ....

Trying ...

Still trying ...

Nope, not happening. :)


Are you sure that new Buick is going to stay large enough? ;)


peace,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home