Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Christmas backorders

"Mom, why didn't I get the toy I really wanted? That I put on my list before Thanksgiving? Every other kid I know got one!"

"Well, honey... I'm so sorry. Santa left a note about that. It seems it fell off his sled on his long trip. He said that when he gets back to the North Pole and gets everything all straightened out after his busy season, he's going to have the UPS guy bring it."

"When?"

"It may take a few weeks, but it'll get here."

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

Oh no! When "should" it arrive?

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Heather said...

That's not us. That happened to my mom back in the day, and that's what she told my brother. Santa actually sent it to JCPenney. :)

It's just in case someone else doesn't know what to tell their kid.

And YESYESYES to MNO this week!

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Soup Recipes said...

This was ggreat to read

 

Post a Comment

<< Home