Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wouldn't it be great?!

Okay, hear me out on this one.
We need a bigger house, right? There is a preponderance, and embarrassment of riches, of larger houses for sale right now at bargain prices. Oh, yes. There are.
Well, we can't afford to buy one--even one of those superbargains out there--because we have a house of our own to offload. Hence the idea.

Wouldn't it be great to, like, trade the bank? We're current on our mortgage, after all. Couldn't we just give them this little one we bought when our family was two adults, an imminent child, a dog, two cats, some fish, and a guinea pig, and they'd give us a three-bedroom, bath-and-a-half, basement, garage and nice sized yard?
I mean, we'd keep making the payments and all. They wouldn't be out any money, really. It would help the property values in a nicer area to have one less vacant house, after all. It would just be a different vacant house.

Right. While I'm at it, I'll ask for a pony.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

I think you are on to something there. If you find a bank and/or credit union willing to take the deal please, give your neighbor a whisper. We would like to go north a bit. *sigh*

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

I second TMWB - if you find any financial institution that'll go for it, give a heads-up...Canuck and I are going to start out in my little 2 BR/1 bath condo, which is very comfortable for two people. However, I popped eight bows at my shower... :-p

And the pony would be nice too. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home