Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Been a busy week.

What with school, keeping Louie out of the litterbox, watching him weave like a drunken sailor from love seat to computer chair to kitchen, the excitement of the election (Daddy took the day off and forbade me to touch the computer so I wouldn't get all twisted on exit polls), daily Mass on Wednesday and today, half of the family dealing with intestinal trouble, blogging has taken a back seat.

But the kids keep growing up. This poignant moment happened Monday.
I had just tied Dale's tap shoes and was kneeling before his seated self. I made exaggerated kissy noises at him, expecting a "Thanks, Mom" and a kiss before he went in to class. What did I get?
An embarrassed and quiet, "Oh, Mom," and a hasty squirm past me.

That lump was tough to swallow.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home