Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Madness takes its toll.

My brain is officially mush.
Louie woke up soaked last night--diaper leak, somehow. I got up, changed him, and tried to get him back to sleep. While there were some tender moments of gazing into each other's eyes in the semi-darkness, I think I might have traded them for the hour's worth of sleep I didn't get.

The weather is dreary. Rain, freezing rain, sleet, not really cold enough to snow but too wet to go out even to the back yard. Yuck. Icy mud, what fun.
I can't really take the kids anywhere, either. Louie has pretty much outgrown his infant car seat and the warm winter coat he got doesn't fit under the straps. We have the next size he needs, but it's buried in the shed.

The kids finished school this morning, demonstrating that their enthusiasm doesn't depend on my energy level. One good thing.

So, Gentle Reader, tell me something good. Or funny, or lighthearted. I'm feeling apathetic.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Kasia said...

Hm. Something good...I watched my new copy of Persuasion for the first time last night! Lovely...I was really quite impressed with the casting and acting.

Lighthearted, I can't so much help you with today; I'll let you know if I think of something. :-)

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

hmmm...third confirmed case of Strep throat from the Doc today.

Good? I got to go outside. Should that make me happier?

MNO this Friday? :o)

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I touched a Polaroid lab photo with a marker today and the Polaroid exploded. I didn't even know such a thing was possible! It was pretty hilarious except for the loss of one photo's worth of data.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home