Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

How much stuff to keep?

This is now an issue. How much stuff do I keep from one year to the next? I mean workbooks, tests, that kind of stuff. How long do normal people keep spelling tests, for example? Books that aren't written in will be saved for the next child, of course. But we really don't have the room here to keep all of their workbooks. Grammar, math, phonics per child per year. You can see how it would add up pretty quickly.
I mean, my mother saved nothing from our academic years. Zilch. I don't know if she saved our report cards, even. I remain relatively unscarred by that.
Wait, I think she has the clay dog I made once upon a time. Still not much.

They do finish their workbooks, too. You find me a public school teacher that gets through all of the material she plans before the year ends. I'll line her up with Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

That's an interesting question. I suppose schools don't really run into that issue as much because they have a standardized curriculum, and Mrs. Jones just marks off what Johnny got on each spelling test in her record book. Hmm...

For what it's worth, my mother has saved plenty of things that I really wish she wouldn't have. Like my to-do list of August something-or-other, 1985 (or '86), on which I made note to, among various other things, "write a novel"... :-p

So your kids may thank you for pitching some of this stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home