Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Random trivia

My husband tells me that this place is open late today. Why am I not surprised that he knows this? I laughed out loud when he told me. Hey, I dated a guy who didn't celebrate Valentine's Day or Sweetest Day. Wouldn't even say "Happy Sweetest Day," like it would break his jaw or something. Not a Jehovah's Witness, either. I hope he's over that now...

For Johnny Cash fans, this is pretty cool.
In 1953, as a G.I. intercepting Russian Morse code transmissions, Johnny Cash became the first American to learn of Josef Stalin's death.
via Mark.

5 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

I'd never heard of Sweetest Day before. I had to google it to figure out what you were talking about. They don't have it in either Texas or Massachusetts. Interesting.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I've been told it's a Sander's/Detroit thing. It makes sense with it being in October.

Be sure to tell Dom. :)

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

I had never heard of sweetest day either until I met my husband. We don't celebrate it. I don't get it.


????

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have Sweetest day in Northern Ohio, also. But, I hadn't heard of it in any of the other places where I have lived, California, New Jersey, and the South.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

I've heard it's a Great Lakes region thing: Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin. Maybe Illinois and Indiana too...

I know I had never heard of it until seventh grade. My science teacher was an unspeakably poor lecturer, I had a window seat, and there was a florist across the street from our classroom. Yeah. That's about all I remember from our non-lab days of Life Science.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home