Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

I owe an apology.

A while back, I posted a list about homeschooling. I copied the list from a friend's blog; she got it from someone else's, I think. It just seemed like something making the rounds, as it were. I never bothered to wonder if it might have been something from a magazine or such. I just posted it without regard to its background.

That was wrong.

For the original list, go here. For her story behind it, go here.

Don't bother going to my old post about it; I've edited it and and linked to the full version here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

Yes, she did give me permission to post it on my blog way back, after I had linked to her and given her huge praised for writing it. Since then, however, she apparently decided not to allow it to be posted for whatever reason.

For what it's worth. I don't think you owe her an apology. You are "grandfathered in" in my opinion since she only JUST decided to become offended in light of the fact that she realized it could have been making her money. This type of pettiness and after the fact apology hunt can only hurt her website in my opinion.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

praises (typo)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Thanks, Shelly. You're a good friend.

Dale pointed out that I did link to her original post, or that you did. I admit, though, I never checked your link to hers.

I just felt a little guilty posting the WHOLE thing instead of an excerpt with a link.

You know my conscience. :) There's a reason they say "Catholic guilt."

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

I know she was happy that people were posting it to their blogs when it first came out. She made a point to thank me! She was just beginning her maganzine and I think had yet to put out the first issue. It may have come out at the same time she posted this to her blog.

The man who didn't link to her was wrong, being that he knew who wrote it and where to link. However, this whole hunting people down thing that she is doing has gone too far. She liked it and then changed her mind. It's not very becoming.

Blog etiquette is still being written. As long as we link to the person's writing I think we can shed the guilt. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home