Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's been one of those mornings.

Around twenty minutes ago, I was losing my mind.
The dryer was going with a load of clattering buckles, clips, and snaps. The new Brad Paisley CD is going (note to husband: check out the lyrics for I'm Still a Guy). Louis was crying in my arms. The pot on the stove was boiling with tortellini for lunch. I was trying to help Dale with a word search. And I still hadn't had a shower.

Sometimes, the only way out is through.

I set the baby down, which apparently was what he wanted. Dale got bored with the word search and agreed to pick it up again later. Lunch has been served and consumed. The dryer and CD are still going, but I'm in the living room instead of surrounded by them both.

Now, I still haven't had a shower, but I haven't had a tantrum either. Hopefully I'll get the first without resorting to the second. And you know, if I'm taking the time to blog, it can't be that bad, can it?

3 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

oh you've resorted to blogging. It's bad Heather...It's very, very bad!

rofl

Sometimes I blog when I've just given up or given in. Sitting down keeps me from running out the door and heading for I-94! LOL

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'd head for the 696, myself. What stops me is I'd have to take him with me--we can't find the bottles! :)

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

Oh No! LOL

It may be time for a Starbucks evening my friend. Bring him along. :-)

I never know when to call..I keep thinking you're napping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home