Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Friday, April 03, 2009

Is this a first?

Madonna is told "no."

Let me state that I admire the judge's courage. It takes stones to deny the kind of money Madonna has, her legions of aging devotees, etc. But he did it. Good on him.

On the other hand, I don't wish deprivation of any kind on any child in the world, whether from Malawi, Sudan, Vietnam, China or the United States. But if Madonna feels the need to adopt a four-year-old child with troubles, there are thousands--literally THOUSANDS-- here in the United States (hundreds in the Material Girl's home state alone) that won't involve passports and international flights. They would benefit even more from the best therapy money can buy, which she could put at their disposal.
If mere mortals--not million dollar celebrities--have the generosity to do this, why can't she find it in her fifty-year-old soul?

I knew there was some reason I liked Cyndi Lauper better, even 20 years ago.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Kasia said...

Except that I think she's renounced her US citizenship and become a British subject; but the point is still well taken.

I feel sorriest for the little girl. This whole thing must be very confusing for her. :-(

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

It's not everyday I get to read/hear what my friends think of our actions. Thank you. I hope your post reaches even one soul who will open their lives to a waiting child.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home