Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Random questions--any help?

I'm unleashing the Power of the Blog, such as it is with my two dozen regular readers.

1. Does a Kindle get out-of-print books? Big sellers only? How obscure can the books be? See, I know and love a book junkie and a Kindle would really help with the the space issues. However, if it's only popular books or bestsellers, that helps very little. He's into relatively obscure Byzantine texts, out-of-print Catholic stuff, small publishers, etc. And once you have it on Kindle, do you have it forever or will it eventually zap off if it goes out of print?
The other, possibly more practical option, is for me to get the Kindle and donate/sell my various books. I don't have quite the eclectic taste my husband does.

2. I have a pair of boys' Bob the Builder overalls in a size 4T. Dale loved them and I'm planning on keeping them for Lou. However, we don't have the matching shirt I'm sure exists (I saw it on someone else's son). Does anyone know of, has anyone seen somewhere, a long sleeved Bob the Builder plaid shirt? How much will you want to part with it? And if you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry. And yes, I've trid eBay and the closest I've found is a short sleeve one in 3T.

That is all for now. Thanks, folks!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

There are something like 400,000 books available on Amazon for the Kindle and they are adding more all the time. There are some Catholic titles for sure, but yeah they mostly focus on top of the catalog books. Nothing out of print. However, you can display anything available on the internet on the Kindle so out of copyright books available online, like Project Gutenberg books, you could read on the Kindle. But yeah your taste in books is more likely to be available than the guy who likes more obscure and Byzantine things.

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Elizabeth M said...

As Melanie said, anything you can get in a digital form (pdf, Word, html or text files -- among others), you can view on the Kindle. There is some conversion, but I understand it is possible. Also, Amazon is adding more and more to their library of Kindle all the time.
Also, my husband suggested that you check out ccel.org (Christian Classics Ethereal Library). They archive lots of materials and most (if not all) could be downloaded to the Kindle.
No, we don't have one yet, by dh has been researching it for an article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home