Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Laugh or cry?

I had my annual girl exam yesterday. The receptionist, married a year or so ago, looked a little more rubenesque than I remembered; she was sitting, so I couldn't be sure. There on her desk was the ultrasound picture.
"Yes, that's mine," she confirmed.
"And what is this baby's name?"
"Carter," she responded with pride.
"Not after Jimmy, right?" I said in jest.
"Who?" she said sincerely.

And some folks wonder why we're homeschooling.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

Blech...Canuck and I are already talking about homeschooling if we can't afford a Catholic school a la Spiritus Sanctus...that's just one more reason...

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What part of the country are you living in?

How old are you both?

When this economy really tanks you will be pro school because the government will be falling apart....

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Aren't the schools part of the government?

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

I'd really like to know how we get to pro school when the government falls apart... and what age has to do with that.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Catherine--Age or geographic location.
Let me just say--if you've got unemployment in Florida, we have you beat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home