Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

And a prayer request, folks.

While he's said "This ain't Oprah," I've spilled my guts here, and this is another one of those times.
Tomorrow my beloved husband goes under the knife for Lap-Band surgery. To those who noticed his comment somewhere about the "pre-surgical liquid diet," that's why.

I know it's laparoscopic, I know it's only one day, I know it's been done without complication thousands of times, I know it will make a huge difference in his quality of life and, by association my own, I know.
That doesn't change the fact that my best friend is going under general anesthesia and getting cut open, my kids will be with someone else for the day (regardless of how much I trust her, there's still that worry), and all the rest.

So, if you Gentle Readers could on this day of the March for Life just tack a prayer on for us, I'd really appreciate it.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Sending happy thoughts for both of you... Here's to a smooth and rapid recovery and many years of "My husband is soooo skinny..." jokes!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

Praying.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

Absolutely. :o)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Got my prayers...

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Banshee said...

Praying!

This is going to be a lot of work after the surgery, too, but I wish you folks all the success in the world. Just tell the kids not to jump on Daddy's stomach for a while.... :)

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Deacon Bill Burns said...

Good luck, Dale. You'll be svelte in no time.

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers on the way. Give Dale my best. And hang in there yourself. We'll be praying for you too. And the kids

-Kev

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger cadwopper said...

Will be praying. We ofter fail, but God is sovereign, and he never fails.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Larry Denninger said...

From a fellow Michigander - prayers for a safe surgery and best wishes for a speedy recovery

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will never walk alone!!!

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger William Luse said...

Of course I'll pray. He's a good guy.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Dale's in my prayers.

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger p8 said...

Coming late to the prayer parade, but offering up one anyway! From a brother in the weight-loss surgery world...minus 150 pounds via gastric-bypass!

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also offering up my belated prayers. Good luck on the recovery.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Allen Lewis said...

You all will be in my prayers!

Remember that Jesus is the Great Physician, and he never lets you go.

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home