Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

As always, timing is everything.

My husband and I recently discussed the idea of having another child. Louie had turned a year old, if memory serves. It wasn't an "if," it was "when." That much helps when you can agree on that, let me tell you.
I had joked before that when we had a fourth, I'd want to have another rather quickly so that child would have someone to play with. I was half-kidding; I didn't know how I'd deal with four, so it was all theoretical.
Well, I opened the discussion. I didn't expect him to have immediate answers and he didn't. I basically wanted to make sure we had all of the pertinent information. Like that I'm 38 this year and he's 40. The clock is ticking and the risks go up perceptibly with each year. However, we live in an already crowded house and have extremely poor prospects for selling it. We have no control over the real estate market and less of an idea on when it might shift; under what circumstances did we just damn the torpedoes and go for it anyway?
He didn't have an answer. Neither did I, but I put it out there. "I just want the discussion to be open," I said.

We forgot something, though. We have a third Person in our marriage, a "silent Partner" as it were. He had an answer.

The answer is... October.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Amy said...

AHHHH!

Yay. Congrats, everyone. This is incredibly happy news!

FWIW, my dear hubby is going to be 40 this year, too.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Wonderful! Congratulations!

That "silent partner" always seems to be the forceful one, doesn't He?

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

Congratulations! I'm sure Louie will love his new playmate.

In my experience, you have to be very careful what you say, that silent partner tends to listen pretty closely. And to take what you think are off-hand comments as an invitation.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Congratulations!!!! Happy news!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

For some reason I keep thinking twins will need to fall into the mix at some point. I mean, if we got them, you're due. :o)

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I'll pray for ONE healthy baby and momma. Congrats!!!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Kasia said...

I've been trying to get on here and congratulate you, but kept being foiled by some glitch on my work computer. So (from home): huzzah and hurrah for the littlest Pricelet! :-)

Canuck and I will be keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers over the next eight months or so...

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger The Sheepcat said...

Just saw the news, Heather, via CM's announcement of his own role with the new Pricelet. How wonderful for all of you. Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home