Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Metro, boulot, dodo....

No, I haven't given up blogging for Lent; it just seems like it.

I've got a kind of Dr. Seuss-ish poem in my head somewhere, rhyming "mathematics" and "phonics," "obstetrician" with "pediatrician," and "orthodontist" with "dentist." Throw in grammar, reading, science, spelling, playdates, dance class, first Friday Mass, dishes, laundry, floors, keeping Louie alive and clean, and brushing my teeth and I'm shot.

Oh, and now that spring has made arrangements to arrive we'll be starting a garden. Kind of a relief that there are only two more episodes of ER (my only reason to stay up past 10PM). Yes, there's me, the production crew, and the mothers of most of the cast still watching.

We finally have up a Baby Ticker, and Daddy has one too. That'll make it easier for someone to keep track since this is kind of new for him. Given the loss before Louie, my doc wants me to come in for an ultrasound this Wednesday morning to be sure we have a heartbeat and all. I'm not worried but there are some changes this time around. I've already gained a few pounds and some of my clothes aren't fitting; that's never happened before in the first trimester. If I find time and there's anything exciting, I'll try to post Wednesday.

On current events: I'm waiting to see a Ron Burgundy-style joke about Obama and his teleprompter. Let me know in the comments.

That is all. Now I get to take my cooling rack back from Louie, get the other three doing school, wash yesterday's dishes, have some breakfast, throw in a load of laundry... This is the life I signed up for. And honestly, I love it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I'm so happy for you. We found out #2 is coming in August...I have my next appointment on Friday.

As seems to be our curse, we're also moving again - but with movers, in the spring as opposed to February, and four months from my due date and not one...

Good luck and God bless this newest bundle of joy.

By the way, you might want to move the baby ticker to the top of the blog, below your header, as it's bumping your sidebar WAAAAY down. :)

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Heather said...

The location and effect of the baby ticker is dependent on... something. For me here at home, it just bumps things down a bit, but Dale can't even see it at work.

In my ideal world it would be right above the most recent post, but where to put the code to have that location is beyond me.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Amy said...

It's probably dependent on the width and resolution of your computer screen.

You can get it above the posts by going to your Blogger Dashboard when you log in, then clicking on "Layout." You'll see the format of your blog. You should be able to drop and drag the Gadget box with the HTML code for the ticker from the sidebar and put it below your blog header and above your blog posts.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Oh, and in RE: to your newest post. Glad to hear things are going well. I can't wait to go for my 20 week US on May 1...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home