Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Ideal house: technology ideas

I posted once upon a time about my ideal house. Here are a couple technological tweaks that I think could be popular in normal circumstances.

1. In the bathroom, I'd like a toilet seat equipped with a weight sensor and timer. No, not a scale; it wouldn't matter how much the person on it weighed. It would "know" when someone sat down and, say, three minutes later, start playing the Jeopardy! think music.
Hey, three minutes is pretty generous. I don't get two alone even including hand washing.

2. Throughout the house, I'd have a PA system wired up. I would have a remote control set up so when the kids ask a question for the zillionth time, I could just push a button on the remote and we'd hear the answer. Like:
A. "Whose day is it?"
#1, Madeleine's; #2, Dale's, #3, Rachel's.
B. "Can we watch TV?"
#4, After we finish school, #5, after the toys are put away, #6, No.
C. "Can I have another cookie?"
Same answers as above.
D. After seeing TV commercial: "Can I get that?"
#6, No.
E. "What are we having for lunch/dinner?"
#8, Lunch; #9, dinner. This one would have to get updated daily, but I'd still only have to say it once.

Do you see the potential for that? There would be volume control, too, for those moments when the children JUST AREN'T HEARING YOU.
Yeah. It would be great.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger HISchild said...

Sign me up for that too!

Ellen

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

I would totally buy that, and I don't even have kids yet!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Which one, the toilet seat or the PA system?

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

I want the PA system!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home