Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

I speak Geek, but I'm not really one...

We have embarked on a new epoch in our parenting--an era of sharp objects, nearly invisible to the naked eye, that will be stepped on in the dark. That era of developing fine motor skills, beginning engineering, and even Good versus Evil.
In other words, The Boy 1.0 got Star Wars Legos for his birthday. I've been dreading this day, but I knew it would come. So far it's been worth it. I haven't stepped on any pieces yet.

Anyway. This is a Geek Question for Star Wars fans/purists.
Which movie should the kids see first, Episode I, Phantom Menace or Episode IV, A New Hope? I mean, if you start with 1 Darth Vader's admission at the end of Empire Strikes Back is anti-climactic--you already know. But if you start with IV, you're out of chronological order.
I know the Bible's books aren't in chronological order, but this isn't the same. I may have already made the decision by showing IV first, but I can switch.

And really. I don't ever test higher than 35% Geek on the tests. Maybe I should ask my brother which he started with...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger DP said...

Geek by inj---

Never mind.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I think you should show Episode IV first; those are the classic, and far better films than the first three. And there's plenty in Episodes IV-VI to keep them busy until you can explain that Episodes I-III are the backstory.

Just my two cents. Besides, Jar Jar Binks was an abomination. Oh, and Han Solo shot first.

Man, I need to get a life... :)

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Zach said...

Episode IV. No question.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

I always go with release sequence.

So with Star Wars you have to start with Episode IV. It's better anyway.

Likewise one should always read The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe first, to read The Magician's Nephew first is an abomination.

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's a little something you might want your kid to check out: the hello kitty online game. here's the development blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home