Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Monday, February 25, 2008

So what's in the crock pot?

Mondays we have dance class. You may remember that from a few weeks back. Classes start at 4:45 and end at 5:30; they're roughly half an hour away. I really don't want to start preparing dinner at 6 or later, which is where one of my cookbooks comes in handy.

This is adapted from Fix-It-And-Forget-It.

Split Pea Soup
3 cups dried split peas
2 quarts water
1 pound frozen carrot coins
1.25 pound ham steak
1 cup chopped onion--frozen is fine. This week we're out so it's dried minced, about 2 Tbls.
2 chicken boullion cubes

Put it all in on low for 8-9 hours.

The original recipe called for only 2 cups of peas; it was a little thin, I thought. I've also used Canadian bacon and these ham lumps he brought home. They had the bone in.
Since I'd never even had split pea soup before I made it, I'm pretty impressed.
And the color is a request from the newly-minted five-year-old boy around here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home