Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Winter toys!

I was recently talking to another mom about how to get her sons out of the house, burning energy, during the winter. I suggested having her boys build their own ramp to sled down, for one. And I remembered these plastic molds for making bricks and building snow forts. These folks live on a corner so there should be PLENTY of snow for them to clear (thus burning even more energy!). The question was, where can one get such items?

Thank you, National Catholic Register and Hearthsong.com! Check this out! And, does anyone else have ideas?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Hearthsong ROCKS!

They also have these really cool "snow shields" that you blow up. Great for snowball fights. My kids have these and they have a blast with them.

If we were a little farther away from the Equator I would definitely want to get those Igloo brick makers. But we usually get ONE good snow a year, so not really worth it.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband just built our kids a club house in the garden..helps a bit...take care..

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

AHHH!

YAY!!

THANK YOU!!

Christmas list...check and check to the snow paint and igloo maker!

:-)

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

Is there a hill near you? Those roll-up sleds are great - I remember when I moved to the 'burbs waaayyy back in the day and was the only kid who didn't have a roll-up sled. (I announced this to my father, who, bless his heart, took me out to Kay-Bee Toys within a day or two to get me one.) I don't think they are (or were, at least) expensive, either, because we got it despite the fact that we didn't have a lot of money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home