Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'd have laughed louder if the kids weren't asleep.

I copied this from Shelly. Boo-yeah!

Thank you Deborah Markus for writing this. You are awesome! -----------------------------

TO HOMESCHOOL HATERS AND OTHER "WELL INTENDED" DEAD FISH
1 Please stop asking us if it's legal. If it is - and it is - it's insulting to imply that we're criminals. And if we were criminals,would we admit it?
2 Learn what the words "socialize" and "socialization" mean, and use the one you really mean instead of mixing them up the way you do now. Socializing means hanging out with other people for fun. Socialization means having acquired the skills necessary to do so successfully and pleasantly. If you're talking to me and my kids, that means that we do in fact go outside now and then to visit the other human beings on the planet, and you can safely assume that we've got a decent grasp of both concepts.
3 Quit interrupting my kid at her dance lesson, scout meeting, choir practice, baseball game, art class, field trip, park day, music class, 4H club, or soccer lesson to ask her if as a homeschooler she ever gets to socialize.
4 Don't assume that every homeschooler you meet is homeschooling for the same reasons and in the same way as that one homeschooler you know.
5 If that homeschooler you know is actually someone you saw on TV, either on the news or on a "reality" show, the above goes double.
6

For the full list, go here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

Oh it's so wonderful! The author commented on my blog. I've changed the 25th entry to her original. It's more blunt and well it's her tone so I abliged.
:-)

This particular list pretty much says it all, don't you think?

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

#10 !!!!!

Whenever I talk about homeschooling, my teacher brother about has a coronary. Note: Your school is 40 miles away, and I'm sure it's great. It's just not my choice!

Top Notch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home