Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Random thoughts

1. Can one still receive Communion if bringing your children to Mass results in a near occasion of sin?

2. Is there anything funnier than a three-year-old girl stomping around to the Imperial March, also known as Darth Vader's Theme?

3. If your children fill up on bananas and apples 45 minutes before lunch when you've told them the could have candy for dessert, is that such a bad thing?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Peanut Butter Kisses said...

Number 1 gave me quite a chuckle. As you know my own experiences in church lately! I've often thought as I'm sitting there in the pew, that I might need to go to confession after the sermon was over. I've been even contemplating the whole margarita thing lately and I just don't do that. They can certain drive you to thinking about drinking...lol! I suppose the pastor might think it a little odd if I didn't pass the tray along that was full of grape juice (let's just pretend it's a little stronger) but instead kept hold of it with a death grip all to myself. As one of my little ones asked me recently, are we drinking wine? Then again, maybe knowing me, He might not think it odd....maybe he'd just nod his head and say, oh, that's just Mrs. Ward...she's the one with the twitch.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

ROFL!
As to #3, it works for me. I will always permit fruit or raw vegetables (carrots, cukes, peppers) even immediately before dinner. TheDad isn't always home on time, but appetites are NEVER late!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home