Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

'Relieved' is a word.

It's starting to be winter in Michigan, so we needed coats. I personally like to buy new ones near MLK Day in January, when the selection isn't too picked over and the price is right. We'll be doing that again this year, but I digress.
This year, winter has shown up and I couldn't remember for the life of me where their coats were.
Nobody had new purchases; these were last year's that I may or may not have packed away. Were they in their closet? No, just one that's too big for Rachel and too small for Madeleine. Nuts. So were they in a box upstairs? Or up north? Given the "organization" of our attic, it might be quicker to drive three hours one way to check there first. Then again, when would we do that? With the cost of gas, it might just be cheaper to buy new, even if we already own ones that would fit.
Nuts.

In a fit of almost-teary pregnancy hormones, I admitted all this to Beloved Husband. He didn't laugh or get upset, just offered to check the bins in the shed. He also admitted to having seen nothing of coats in a recent spelunking mission in the attic.
No coats in bins outside, but he did find sweaters for himself. We decided to bite the bullet and get Madeleine new tonight. When I went to our front closet to get my own jacket, the one I wore when pregnant with The Boy and haven't worn since, I'm struck by two things.

One, a girl's winter coat in a 6-6X (Maddie's from last year) and the other, a boy's in 4-5 (yep, Dale's from last year). Their hats are even in the sleeves.
If I weren't so relieved, I'd be quite embarrassed.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

Oh, that is SOOO funny!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

I have things like that happen to me all the time. Bless the Canuck's heart that he's so patient with me...I don't even have pregnancy hormones to blame for the near-tears...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home