Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We're officially done with speech.

We signed the papers. I'm still wrapping my head around it. No more Tuesday morning appointments, no more queries of who's going to take him (it's been Daddy for quite a while), no more worrying about drills and school closings and all of those other things.
As I listen to him with his sisters, I can pinpoint the sounds he needs to practice. L, Sh, Ch, R. But I understand him. It's strange, though, to hear some of the things that come out of him. I wonder what else I've missed in those years of struggle--how many questions, requests, observations, "I love yous".

You know what? In the spirit of success and forgiveness, I'm going to let it go. We understand him now and can move forward. We got her a gift card to a bookstore, which seems like small potatoes compared to opening the door to our son's mind.

And right now, I'm going to talk with him.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

That's such great news! I have only been dealing with the school district speech stuff for a few months, and I'm tired of it. Not the people, they're just fine. But the driving there, the rearranging our schedule, the rescheduling of visits to fit with the school schedule... all of that school stuff. She's only eligible for the preschool program through May, so if we have to continue with this it will be individual lessons. If only I knew exactly what to do next. Thankfully I have until at least May to decide...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home