Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Monday, September 17, 2007

If you say you've never done something like this...

And you've been a parent for more than 20 minutes, YOU'RE LYING.

Her: "Oh, this page has minuses too. What's six minus nine?"
Me: "You can't do that yet. You're not into negative integers."
Her: "Mom, what's six minus nine?"
Me: "Put up six fingers." Done. "Now put down nine." All six go down, a confused look occurs.
Me: "That was only six. You were supposed to put down nine."

She tried again. And a third time. She would have continued, but Daddy finally interrupted my evening entertainment.

Party pooper.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger HISchild said...

Cruel and unusual?! but I can't say that we haven't had the same discussion ending in frustration.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

ROFLMBO

I can see Big Brother doing this to his siblings as they all sit around their math homework.

I can't say I've done this, but I'm not math-brained so Daddy helps with that stuff. I'm not above having a little fun with English, history or Spanish assignments, though...

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Zach said...

Heh. I like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home