Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Could it be true?

Madeleine has become a fan of Holly Hobbie. We started with the classic rag dolls, just in time for the plastic posable ones (it's currently in my closet). Anyway, she's seen the character on the advertisements on our most frequently watched channel, Noggin. You know, the one without outside commercials 12 hours a day?
Well, today after Dale and I got home from Apocalypto, she was aglow. "Guess what came on at five o'clock, Mom! Guess!" Bounce hard in the lap. Wonder Pets?
"Nope! Holly Hobbie!" She was close to shrill. "And they did a show about Jesus being born! And they sang the O Come Let Us Adore Him song!"
Wait. You mean a new children's show emphasized Jesus in their Christmas special instead of Santa? I've got more than just Charlie Brown?

I knew there was a reason I liked Holly Hobbie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home