Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Mark Shea beat me to it.

I've had a post percolating about the real reason Christmas is December 25, based on the original Christians being Jewish (that forgotten Jewish idea of dying on the date of your conception or birth) and thus pretty indifferent to the dating of any pagan festivals. Now Mark comes up with the history showing that the pagan festival was scheduled after December 25 was already recognized as significant, as in centuries after.

Yeah, the footnotes would be nice, but he's a pretty reliable source so I'm willing believe him until it comes out on dead tree. Speaking of which... I really really want this book. Could you put me on the waiting list?

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Mark P. Shea said...

Heather:

Ain't nobody wants that book more than me. When it's published you will be able to hear my rejoicing coming out your speakers from all the way across the blogosphere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home