Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Home Makeover

Is there anyone with a soul that doesn't like this show?

Seriously, it makes me want to go for a spree at Sears. The kids like the big machines at the beginning for the demolition, Dale and I like the family story, I like the reveal and decoration ideas.

The fact that ABC is smart enough to run commercials that won't give kids nightmares (remember Van Helsing during the Superbowl?) is another detail.

Did I say I love this show?

1 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the beginning my husband and I really liked the show, including the ads. But now we have a problem. We have a 7 year old with leukemia who is eligible for a Wish from Make A Wish Foundation. He wished for a backyard makeover. What they have to offer is not nearly as extensive as he would like to believe from the Home Makeover Show. We think it is more than generous. We see in out younger children this invasive sense of materialism creeping in. Something to watch for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home