Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Varied questions

1. How long does it take to thaw a 17.46-pound turkey? Not roast; I'll read the directions for that. I just don't want to be digging the giblet bag out of ice on Christmas Eve.

2. How does one explain "Fear of the Lord" as one of the seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit to a seven-year-old?

3. What can a fourth child get for his first birthday that the others haven't gotten?

4. Is it worth it to go to dance class in potentially icy conditions the last time before two weeks off? I'm thinking "no," but will adapt if the ice doesn't materialize.

Thanks, all!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather. I ordered a 20 lb bird to be delivered on the 20th. My meat market guy said that it needed to thaw from the date of arrival until the 25th to be thawed. So...I suppose if you begin thawing on the 22nd you should be fine. :) Maria

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

Did you go to dance class?

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Yeah, we went. The weather was sunny by the time we were on our way.
It seemed less crowded, too; I'm guessing some took the week off after their Christmas thing Saturday.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Banshee said...

When I was a kid, even though I loved my parents, I was also a little scared of them. They were a lot bigger than me, knew a lot more than me, and had all kinds of tricks and powers that I didn't have. A good scared, but still -- impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home