Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Another reason to like the Science Center

Madeleine was supposed to attend Science Camp this week at the Detroit Science Center. We encouraged her to attend last summer but she fought it saying, "I'll go next year."
Daddy and I held her to that. She wasn't excited about going but chose "If You Build It" as her theme week. It helped that a friend was going. As it drew closer, she got more excited. "I wonder what we're going to build," she wondered to me more than once.
I filled out the paperwork. More than once there were reminders about no refunds; I can imagine why.

Sunday dawned and she knew the next day she was going to Science Camp.
Then asthma attacked.
Tuesday afternoon, before she was released from the hospital, the doc broke the news that there would be no Science Camp. She needed to take it easy and would be on "house rest" until the week after.
She sobbed into her bed, heartbroken.
I wondered what the possibility of getting a refund from the DSC would be. I mean, camp was supposed to start Monday; we were asking on Wednesday. I would think a hospital admission would be grounds, if anything would be. What could it hurt to ask?

Daddy made the call. When the director called back, she informed him that yes, a hospital admission and doctor's orders of staying home would be quite valid reasons for a refund.
It was credited to our bank account today.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

YAY! I'm so glad you got the refund! It certainly does not hurt to ask. :o)

Shelly

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Drain Cleaning Reading said...

Thanks great blog ppost

 

Post a Comment

<< Home