Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Well, I didn't get the job.

I'm both disappointed and relieved, more the former than the latter. I'll probably still be watching the show when it debuts; at least I won't have that uncomfortable "Did I really say that on camera?" feeling. I was one of the final ten, as was the other Heather. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.
When talking with my beloved before, I admitted to being nervous about the whole endeavor. He said, "What's the worst that could happen? You don't get it. So what?"
I told him, "No, the worst that could happen is that I do!" Another lesson in, be careful what you ask for. You might get it.

On a slightly positive note, this was one show on a startup network. They noticed they had a contingent of homeschooling mothers and would like to put together a show based on that premise.
Now, I'm only one person and even within the group, we were only about four. How many different topics can you think of? Different homeschooling philosophies, for sure--classical, Charlotte Mason, unschooling. Comparing different curricula--Kolbe, Seton, Mother of Divine Grace, etc. How to get started. Dealing with your local school district. Transitioning to home from school. Breaking the news to others. Socialization.
You know, they could probably look over a convention list of topics and go from there.
I think such a show would be better if it were more like Web of Faith, where we answer emailed questions (since the show wouldn't air live). Of course, that could be once a month like other shows have their flashback episodes.

What do you think, Gentle Readers?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

I think the web-linked shows are the next big thing in TV.

Food Network is airing one this season (Ask Aida), and one of their finalists for Food Network Star used that as his pilot premise.

Maybe you could do an "In Her Shoes" segment, where the homeschool mom gets a substitute teacher for a day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home