Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good news on the celebrity front.

It seems I made a good impression last Saturday. So did Heather. We got invited back.

We also got a list of topics we should be prepared to discuss, some of which I know more about than others. It's kind of reassuring that I'm not completely in the dark on any of them.
Last Saturday, they broke us into four or five person groups to see how we'd do. They gave us a topic and each group was different. One panel had, "The rift in Anglicanism on female bishops and homosexuality."
Crickets. If blinks were audible, there would have been a lot of Morse code going on.
I was thinking, "Well, Rowan Williams is going to have to make some decisions at this Lambeth conference..." Most of my information comes from this guy, so it has a fair share of inside baseball and a definite rightward slant, but it's more than nothing. I say that because I don't think anyone on the panel had a clue what the topic was about, not to impugn the work of Chris Johnson (the author of the Midwest Conservative Journal). Sometimes, his blog is as happy as Robert Spencer's pair.
Then again, this was a group of Catholic women. The loopiness that can be the Anglican Communion is pretty alien to us.

Anyway. Come this Saturday afternoon, I've got plans. Kind thoughts and prayers welcome.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

I like to think that my many, many, many, many questions have, in some way, prepared you to answer your listeners questions. :o) Maybe I'll be a listener! How Fun for you! You know I was a Christian DJ too!! You are going to love this. It's right up your alley! :o)

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Heather said...

It's not just listeners, Shelly. It's viewers, too.
It's television via computer.

Eek!

And thanks for the kind words.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Zach said...

The loopiness that can be the Anglican Communion is pretty alien to us.

For which you should give thanks to God in His great mercy... :)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Zach said...

And I will use the opportunity to namedrop ... "Yeah, Heather ... we knew her before her big break... I hear that Hollywood is treating them well..."

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Kasia said...

Hurray - congratulations to both Heathers! :-) You'll both knock 'em dead...but I'll say a prayer anyway, just in case. ;-)

I feel sort of sorry for the bunch who got the Anglican question. I mean, I could think of soooo many things to say, but my sin-filters would be in so much overdrive that I think I'd probably be cricket-like myself...switch that examination of conscience from a semi-daily to a semi-minute basis...

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger CourageMan said...

So, what does Heather need to do to become the next Ann Coulter ... new wardrobe; daily purging; adam's apple surgery ... for starters

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

CourageMan,

Excuse my language, but I think she'd also need a massive series of b**ch injections...

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Heather said...

CourageMan--I'll take the new wardrobe, but the rest... not so much. Hey, you could do my hair, right? :)

Kasia--Thanks. :) I don't know how much I would *need* those. My snark comes out sometimes; it gets a little tempered in print.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CourageMan-- Hey, you could do my hair

If you want hair like mine (which I could in fact do), I'd be happy to oblige. Dunno if you'd dig the Sinead O'Connor look though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home