Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

My mother and her grandkids

In cleaning off the washer today (which is where everything that comes off the table gets put at mealtime), I found a stack of cardboard shapes. Circles, oval, square, rectangle, triangles... Where did these come from, I wondered.
My son told me. "Look at the shapes we made with Grandma yesterday," he said. I had taken Madeleine to swim class and she looked after the younger two.

A couple weeks ago, she babysat while I went to my OB appointment. When I came home, they were sitting around the kitchen table playing Candyland.
"It was Madeleine's idea," my mother told me. "I told her that she'd have to teach me how to play, but it was pretty easy."

Why do simple cardboard shapes and games of Candyland make me want to cry?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

Because your mother is a wonderful grandma...

and you're hormonal! LOL :-)

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Awwwww :)

That is sweet, and you are very blessed. I'm glad you know it.

My parents live 125 miles away; my in-laws are only slightly closer. So we don't get Grandma-babysitting unless complicated arrangements involving several tanks of gas and an overnight stay are made.

I think your mom is enjoying her grandchildren as much as the children enjoy their grandma!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Zach said...

You've said before that you're senti-mental. That would explain it.

peace,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home