Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

I was just thinking, "I'd like to blog..."

"But I don't know what to say." Then I looked around and found I'd been tagged for a meme! Thanks, Shelly! Your timing is perfect!

List 20 things you have done, seen or experienced that, you think, "Most" people on earth, right now, have not?

This has taken me a while--like DAYS--since the first ones that came to mind are things I'd rather not share with the general public, you know? It has to do with that not-as-bad-as-some colorful past I've had. But here goes.

1. Been to Europe twice

2. Homeschooled my kids

3. Taught one of them to read (so far)

4. Driven a Pontiac Horizon over the Mackinac Bridge in November (hey, my best friend was graduating from Tech)

5. Been to a mosque, a Buddhist temple, and a pagan handfasting

6. Met a movie star, heroine of my adolescence, in a bathroom

7. Ran across a Parisian traffic circle to meet a friend under the Arc de Triomphe

8. Been to a World Series game (the good guys won)

9. Attended modeling school

10. Read Les Misérables in both French and English, unabridged

11. Donated about four gallons of blood (not all at once)

12. Skipped school to attend a baseball game

13. Attended prom in a tux and high heels

14. Seen the Space Vampire episode from Buck Rogers

15. Was part of a performing troupe for Rocky Horror Picture Show--I even had the false eyelashes for Magenta

16. Seen the movie Howard the Duck--in the theater

17. Seen a modern opera in France

18. Been in a bridal fashion show

19. Been to a transvestite show in New Orleans

20. Hand-made a doll for my first child, using one of her sleepers for the pattern

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

To fully appreciate the Parician Traffic Circle thing...Please click on this link (or copy the entire thing and past it)

http://www.aim-dtp.net/aim/digicam/oly400z/oly_photos/pic22-done.jpg

Heather you are a nut!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

Alright...I spelled Parisian wrong. Just pretend it's fixed.
:-)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Zach said...

#16: I thought I was the only one. :)

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Shelly--When I told my French teacher I'd done that (#7), she looked at me in awe and said, "God must have great things in mind for you. He'd have squashed anyone else like a bug."
If you ever have a psych class with Walrad, she's done it too.

Zach--I went with a friend (the same one graduating from Tech in #4), and in college I met a guy who had. I think he owned it on video, too--he was a Lea Thompson fan.
It's still embarrassing, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home