Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm so excited!

Those of you who know me in real life will be able to tell because my writing style is different when I'm this excited. I tend to have great big long sentences and not take a breath because I'll talk until I need to stop and inhale.
Our books for first grade got here this afternoon from Kolbe! We have two science workbooks which will make it a little easier for Dale and I'm not wild about the kindergarten science anyway so I'll cobble it together with stuff we already have and drag him along in first grade too. I don't anticipate much of a fight since he can already identify his planets in order and the difference between insects and spiders and probably most construction equipment.
Our books are here for first grade! We'll be starting geography and I didn't really request the handwriting book but I guess he ordered it anyway. No matter. We'll use it, I suppose.
The reader is still wrapped in plastic and the spines are all stiff except for the handwriting and they all have that Start of School crisp feel.
My father always thought September always seemed more like a new year than January, as you have new clothes and new books and new classes. I thought he had a point.

Anyway. I'm coming down a little. Until I look at the table where they're all stacked!

My mom looked at them and said, "I take it then that she passed?"

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:32 AM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

Graduating to the next grade mid-year just has that sweet smell of success doesn't it. Those are the moments that I know I'm doing something right in homeschooling. Our 14 year old getting an A in his first college class is one of those moments too. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home