Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Monday, February 26, 2007

I told you so!

I was going to post about not watching the Oscars but have changed my mind. Here's a synopsis: I can't watch five hours of people I don't know wearing clothes I can't afford praising movies I haven't seen. Abridged enough?

Speaking of abridgements, I found out this morning that the Dumbing Down continues apace. I can't believe it and am so mad I can't formulate coherent words.

Is paper that expensive? Or are these Gore syncophants afraid of killing trees? Might I suggest someone else more worthy of such censure?

I admit I haven't read the Charlotte, Martha, or Caroline series, but come on, people! These are children's books! How low are our expectations?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Ugh! I can't afford to buy all of those books now! I've been trying to buy up children's classics in hardback, but it's hard to spend money on a book Echo won't be reading for a while when I still have to work to pay the bills.

And I ended up watching part of the Oscars last night at work. How pathetic.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

All right. Here's the thing. Kids are willing to read "Harry Potter" and those things get huger and huger. I'm sure plenty of girls are happy to read "Little House" books (and their sequels/prequels) in their entirety. And yikes--they're taking away my favorite illustrations!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home