Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Random notes

1. Lily Updates can be found to the right, at Catholic Cricket. So far, she's doing well. Prayers still appreciated.

2. We're having tandoori chicken tonight for the third time in six weeks. Has anyone else made it? What do you think?

3. My brother recently got a job at Sears. I have no problem with their merchandise; I've found lots of pretty, appropriate stuff for both myself and Maddie. But if they aren't celebrating Christmas, I'll shop elsewhere. At least for the season. If anyone notices, please keep me posted.

4. Madeleine has started putting up a fight with reading. It's not that it's difficult for her; I think it may be the book, but she fights it. "I have to do it all by myself!" We're using the McGuffey's Primer. Her daily assignment is a whole five sentences and I cuddle her for the duration. Mind you, she reads other things on her own--signs and cereal boxes. Suggestions for avoiding the battles?

5. I've been trying to post daily to lift my daily page views; it's ego-gratifying to have regular readers. Thanks, folks.

5 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Peanut Butter Kisses said...

1. We are definitely praying and will continue to pray for little Lily.

2. Thank you for making our mouths drool in envy! Hot Dogs just aren't doing it for me :-)

3. I haven't heard that Sears isn't celebrating the holidays but from my perspective they celebrate 'Christmas' all year round when they give so generously to the people of Extreme Home Makeover. Just a thought.

4. Reading...oooh, how I've agonized over this one for a couple years now. My daughter just doesn't like to read but finally this year, I found something she has found an interest in and is now diving in...all I can say is to keep persevering!

5. I enjoy your blog...keep up the good work!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Heather said...

3. I just checked at the Sears website (yeah, I probably should have done that before the post), and it said: "Everything from Thanksgiving to Christmas."

So THEY are good in my book.

4. Maddie and I just read a book together, taking turns on the pages. She got to choose the book. I suppose it'll get easier; I just pray it comes sooner rather than later.

5. Thanks!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Keeping the prayers going too.

Tandoori chicken is on my menu plan for later this month! I've got all the ingredients and everything :)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

If she MUST use the McGuffey, and you can't substitute a book she'll like, you could start giving her privileges based on if she can answer a quiz question - from the sentence.
Sure, you can play the computer, if you can tell me who sat? Go ahead and play outside, if you can tell me what the lad had.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That Tandoori Chicken was SUPER DELICIOUS! Everyone asked to have it again! I'm thinking of how good it would be on the grill....it was SO worth running out in the cold last night to go next door and borrow the meat tenderizer :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home