Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Music post

Okay, I got tagged for the music meme. Apologies to those who disagree; come up with your own answers. Here are mine.

Best title ever for a piece of music - Fire Woman by B.O.C. I know horoscopes are fake, but being a redhead and a Leo just makes it inevitable.

Most underrated guitarist - I can't really comment on this one. I barely remember band names, let alone the individuals therein. Perhaps Bob Seger, as he gets remembered more for his lyrics than his guitar. He might be a mediocre guitarist. I can't tell.

Music that moves me to tears - The World is Stone by Cyndi Lauper. It reminds me of my semester overseas, the last semester before my dad passed away. It was all over the radio.

Most unusual lead instrument in a piece of music - The banjo in Billy Joel's The Entertainer. Yeah. Banjo.


Coolest name ever for a Rock 'N Roll band - The Doors. No, I'm not advocating the lifestyle; just the catchphrase "There are things known and things unknown, and in between are The Doors" has stuck with me. And I visited his grave in Paris after someone had stolen the bust.

Worst genre of music ever - Muzak. Anything that takes the likes of Air Supply and instrumentalizes it is beyond help. Then again, dropping the sickening lyrics could have been a good thing.

Best guitar jam - Slash's Sweet Child of Mine solo, or most anything by Eddie Van Halen.


Music that's ever scared your kid - Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. Madeleine thinks it was mean to put that on the same CD as Mozart's Petite Musique de la Nuit.

National Anthem that most gets the blood pumping - The Star Spangled Banner beats Oh Canada, the only other one whose lyrics I know. Sorry.

So there you have it. Who wants it?

2 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Diane said...

A meme I actually responded to! here

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Diane said...

oops, typo!
let's try that again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home