Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Prayer request

Lily Clare Siekierski was born at 9:11 AM today via emergency caesarean at almost 28 weeks gestation. She weighs one pound, seven ounces and is twelve inches long. She is on the respirator, but is breathing more on her own than with it.
I didn't see Heather (Lily's mom) at the hospital; she was still too nauseous and in pain. I did see Matt (Lily's dad) and Lily herself. My finger is thicker than her arm; my fist is larger than her head. I have never touched a baby so small.

Any prayers appreciated. Lily is their fourth child, so Peter (4), Evelyn(2.5), and Mya(14M) could use some help, too. You can leave them here, here, or here (this one has a picture!).

3 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How strange today that I kept thinking of the health of babies while praying the Rosary. I thought it was because of the challenges of my latest baby (hospitalized with a staph infection at 2 weeks). I'll be sure to include them in our family prayers.

The best thing I found to remember to get me through holding my 2 week-old while they tried (four times!) to draw blood from her little veins was that she would have no memory of her trauma. My best friend's triplets were born at that stage, and you can't tell it at all now that they're in kindergarten. God willing, she'll be the same way.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

They are in my prayers. My very close cousin had a child who was at 26 weeks gestation. Oddly enough, Elizabeth was 1 pound 7 ounces too. She is a happy, healthy, brilliant girl now who makes great grades in school. I know that Heather and her family have a very long road ahead. These next few months are going to be a terrible ordeal. I pray that their jouney leads them closer together and to a happy, healthy little girl.

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayers. I left a longer message at Dale's blog, and I'll be (hopefully) posting regular updates at the under-utilized catholic.siekierski.com blog.

Lily had a better day today than yesterday, and Heather is already making milk for her.

Thanks again for the prayers. We know it helped with Lily's little big sister (Mya, girl #2, child #3), so we are thankful for the prayers.

Kheldar, aka Matt, aka Lily's dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home