Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The painters were here.

Danielle Bean recently had a lovely post about drywall guys; I echo that sentiment about the painters. Except they were painting my kitchen, which meant everything except the fridge, washer, and dryer had to be unplugged. For the day. At least they showed up after the coffee maker was done.

The kids survived; I was frayed by the end, but they were just fine on bologna and cheese roll-ups, milk, and strawberries. The Burger King for dinner was a big hit, too.

So as most of you are reading this, I will be trying to reassemble everything through my usual fog of three kids. There's only one person I know offhand who can identify with a loss of a kitchen, even though hers was much longer than a day (hi, Diane!).

The floor guys come in a couple weeks, and that will be even more involved. Appliances disconnected, not just unplugged. I'll be on sabbatical.

2 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Diane said...

At least we had the luxury of escaping upstairs and pretending the kitchen thing was happening to some other family. I hope your projects are done quickly!!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Yeah, but yours went on forever.

I noticed you had comments at the bintlog; you might want to turn on word verification.

Otherwise you could end up like I did once--thrilled to have six comments only to find out they were spam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home