Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Another day in the life

An intestinal bug has made its way through the children in the past three days; given the first, I expect Rachel to be done with it tomorrow. You don't want me to paint you a picture. Then it will hit the parents simultaneously on the weekend.

Anyway, despite the rain today, we have managed to get our kids outside. Madeleine was on a step, performing one of her extended dance remix versions of Hiawatha versus Beowulf and Rachel managed to rouse herself. She staggered over to her big sister, as Dale put it, "like a drunk looking for the off switch." It was rather funny.

Later, Madeleine managed to come off with a little ditty her father was singing under his breath during her performance: "I gave my love a cherry, that had no stone. I gave my love a chicken..."

At least it wasn't Monty Python, though I expect it from the Boy: "Isn't it awfully great to have a..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home