Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Is this thing still on?

I get posts wandering around in my head--really profound, thoughtful ones that I could expound on at my beloved husband/captive audience for an extended car ride, like my dad used to do to me--and then I hear screaming, splashing, or suspicious silence. None of those are good.
Then they evaporate and I can't even come up with a status update.
They're meaty ones, too. Like the trail of irresponsibility going back to the Lambeth Conference in 1930 to the Occupy movement of last fall, as exemplified in the mediocritization of our public schools, the decline in general morals and self-control, the creeping acceptance of abortion as the nadir of abdication of responsibility, the pinnacle of societal goals being to take it easy instead of betterment of self or society, the tragedy of the American divorce rate due to selfishness on the part of parents who then transfer that belief onto their children who end up eating vegan salads in tents and pooping on police cars...
Yeah. See?

So is it worth it?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Layla said...

Yes, please! I was happy to see you pop up in my feed reader!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

Oh I know what you mean about the meaty posts that evaporate with nothing to show for them. I have so many ideas floating around in my head and so few see the light of day. I am very happy when I see your name pop up.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Long trần said...


Thanks a lot for sharing and I have some special things for you. If you are in free time.
online racing games
quotes about time passing
ngôn tình ngược tâm ngược thân hiện đại
tro choi noi hoa

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Jatin Sethi said...

quotes about anniversary wishes about uncle and aunt
happy wedding anniversary uncle and aunty quotes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home